Monday 8 December 2014

“I dont care about awards, the street bought 1million copies of my album” – Reminisce Revealed

Recently, the camp of high life singer, Flavour claimed he has sold 1 million copies of his 4th studio album, Thankful in only 5 days of the album's release.

Indigenous language rapper, Remilekun Abdulkalid Safaru popularly known as Reminisce has made a similar claim, saying 1 million copies of his 2nd studio album titled Alaga Ibile were sold.

Asked  if he has received any award or been recognised for his contribution to the Nigerian music industry, he said:

'Yes of course, but I don't see (an) award as a justification for the kind of work I put in, I'm just more focused on my fans, having a wider audience and making my money but for who is the best rapper of year, I don't envy that, the street knows who is the best rapper. I sold a million copies of my rap album, Alaga Ibile without a dance track, I don't need anybody to give me an award because I don't see it as a measurement of success.'

Reminisce released his 2nd studio album Alaga Ibile on Friday, November 15, 2013, which has 16 tracks and featured Olamide, Endia, Wizkid, Sossick, Oba Dice, Naeto C, Davido and Burna Boy.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment