Monday 8 December 2014

Have You Ever Wondered Why FEMI KUTI Was On ‘Jaiye Jaiye’ By Wizkid?

Afrobeat king, Femi Kuti who recently signed a management deal with Chocolate City has revealed the reason behind his collaborations with younger pop stars in the last few years.

Femi, in a recent interview with Channels Television, said the sweet melody of Wizkid 's ' Jaiye Jaiye' made it easy for him to feature in the song.

He explained that the simplicity of the melody also gave him the needed push in deciding to be a part of the song: 'Before I started doing lots of collaborations in Nigeria, I was doing a lot of collaborations in France, so if somebody likes your style of music or your style of play, or wants to use you for something and they will call on you. Music is so broad but immediately I heard Wizkid's 'jaiye jaiye', I liked it, so I spent a very little time on it, we actually spent more time cracking jokes because I think that was the first time we met, I had just finished as a judge on Nigerian Idol and wanted to catch some sleep before my flight out of the country the next day, but my sister persuaded me to create time for the song and I did. The melody was quite simple, the lyrics too are very easy to flow with and I knew it was a good track.'

The song, 'Jaiye Jaiye' was released on May 2, 2013 and aside Wizkid, Femi Kuti has also collaborated with younger Nigerian musicians like Eedris Abdul Kareem, Durella and others.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment